Arken is a search service for private archives and collections at
the National Library of Sweden and Umeå University Library
Changes due to the Corona virus (covid-19), please see:
National Library of Sweden's website
Umeå University Library’s website
What can you find in Arken?
National Library of Sweden
– Documents left by persons who have been important to swedish cultural life and swedish cultural history and from organizations and families who have been active on the cultural scene
– Collections of specific artist's pictures, drawings and paintings
Special book collections
–Thematic collections about books and book production: rarities, book covers, bookbinding and book printing
Event based collections
– Analog and digital material collected from specific events
Umeå University Library
– Manuscripts from researchers, authors, ministers and other leading personalities with connections to Northern Sweden
– Documents from completed projects at Umeå University
Go to Repositories to find more information about each collection.
You can either search directly in the search box above or go to Browse by
in the left menu.
Searching for archives or collections? Go to Archival descriptions
Searching for a person? Go to Authority records
Searching in Arken
Can’t find what you are looking for?
New collections are continually being added to Arken.Contact us
if you can’t find what you are looking for.